Call to Order: Tammy Kitterman, President, brought the meeting to order at 8:00 PM
Present: Tammy Kitterman, Patti McGowan, Lisa Lopatofsky, Juli Baumgarner, Gordon Boe, Molly Black
Absent: Tina Hertzog
To the Board: There were no conflicts to the Agenda voiced.
Approval of Minutes: Motion was made by Lisa and seconded by Gordon to approve the minutes of the April 13, 2020 Minutes
Treasurer’s Report: Gordon Boe, Treasurer reported that PPDB started April with $3,147.57 in checking, added $0, spent $0, and ended April with $3,147.57. One donation was made in the month of May and that will be reported next month.
Outreach/Social Committee - Patti McGowan and Molly Black – There were no events or updates to report.
Membership Committee - Tammy Kitterman and Patti McGowan reported that Tina Hertzog resigned from the Board. Her letter of resignation is attached. She indicated that she will donate $400 and has requested that it be a conditional donation, to be used for 25 new family memberships. Tammy will reach out to Tina and thank her for her time on the Board and her donation. Gordon, as Treasurer, indicated that we can add a line item in the budget for these memberships. Patti and Tammy will bring back ideas to the June meeting on how to apply this donation to new families. The whole Board agreed that this donation will be used in this way to honor Tina’s request.
Nominations Committee – Molly Black, Chair, directed the votes as follows:
- The appointment of Juli Baumgarner to a Special Advisory role was unanimously approved. Juli suggested that the length of this term be one year and reviewed at each annual vote of the Board.
- There being no new additional nominations to the Board for President, Tammy Kitterman has accepted this nomination. Tammy has just completed the balance of Kristina Kezmarsky’s 2 yr. term, due to Kristina’s resignation as President. Tammy will begin her first, two-year term as President.
- There being no additional Nominations for Vice President, Lisa Lopatofsky has accepted this nomination. Lisa will complete the balance of Tammy’s VP Term that occurred when she stepped into the office of President.
- There being no additional Nominations for Secretary, Sandra has accepted this nomination. Sandra will begin her first two-year term as Secretary.
- Nominations to General Board Members. Molly and Patti have each accepted nominations as general board members. Patti will begin her last, two-year term as a general board member. Having just completed her term as Secretary, Molly begins a first two-year term as a general board member.
Old Business: Tammy
- Exhibitor handouts items. Budget - $200 or 10% of balance of current budget year, which is $273.00, as of Sept. 1, the start of our fiscal year. Molly provided a breakdown of costs for replenishing our pens, sticky pads and a new item, microfiber cloths. All seemed to like the idea of the cloths, but not the price quoted. Tammy will look into Vista Printing for purchasing microfiber cloths and report back next meeting.
- Lisa reported on the Zoom meeting for concerned parents and sharing of Triumphs and Challenges which occurred on Thursday, April 30. She reported back that no families joined the meeting, but felt that families are tired of zoom meetings, but it was good to give them this opportunity. If we feel it is needed, we can try again either in a couple of weeks or over the summer. It was likely just bad timing.
- Shout Outs – Sandra is due to post in June.
August – Tammy
September – Johnine
October – Patti
November – Molly
December - Gordon
January – Lisa
February - Sandra
- PPT Overview – Juli presented the overview of PPDB and some changes were made to our Belief and the Standing and Ad Hoc Committees were updated.
- Committees – Each member should review the updated list of Committees and should email Molly & Sandra as outgoing and incoming Secretaries to report on next month’s Agenda these assignments. Committees will then meet separately from the Board to update their mission and goals and report back to the whole Board.
- Strategic Planning – Juli has offered to draft a letter for Tammy and Lisa to forward directly to Edgenie Bellah, Affiliate Liaison of NFADB, to inquire whether they might be able to provide or suggest a facilitator for the process of strategic planning. Molly will inquire at PaTTAN and PEAL, as well. Any Board member may reach out to any non-profit organization as well for this purpose of locating a facilitator.
Good of the Order – Gordon mentioned that he will be unable to attend next month’s June 8th meeting, as it is his 52nd Wedding Anniversary.
Adjournment - Meeting Adjourned at 9:20 PM