Called to order 7:33PM by Sue Shaffer - President
Sue Shaffer, President
Pattil McGowan, Vice-President
Saneeka Macon, Secretary
Shelley Lil, Treasurer
Kristina Kezmarsky, board member
Tammy Kitterman, board member
Jackie Brennan, professional member
Juli Baumgarner, professional member
Gabe Radzik, board member
Meeting minutes: Approval of October 2016 minutes - Saneeka made motion, Patti 2nd motion carried
TREASURER’S REPORT: Shelley will send the updated treasurer’s report to the board.
- Our next PPDB Board Call, Feb. 13, 2017 and will be our annual membership meeting.
- Sue will advertise 30 days out. We’ll be looking for President, Vice President and fill open board seat.
- Assigned tasks to advertise and call for nominations: We’ll do separate notices for nominations, early Jan 1st week PPDB board Jan 13th annual meeting.
- Brochures- They’ve been updated. There’s a panel on the back that is blank. It can be lift blank or we could use as a testimony section with quotes (family member, broad member, general member, or siblings. Patti will talk to Hunter and ask if he’d like to add advocacy quotes.
- Membership Update- Tammy posted the membership info on list-serv, Patti posted on Facebook, and we’ve received a new membership submitted via the website.
- Affiliate Update - TX, NY, and PA are looking at mini scholarships for affiliates
- Outreach or social activities - Bowling at the Pitt school for the blind.
- The trampoline park in Bridge Mill PA that has special needs night. 3 hours for $20 on 1st & 3rd Tuesday of every month (guardian included in price). If there’s a party of10 or more special arrangement/accommodation can be made. There’s another venue that offers 1 hour jump/ bounce on an Sunday.
- Tammy will check with Todd about hosting an event.
- Jackie will check Overbrook about hosting an event.
- New assigned schedule for 2017 SHOUT- OUTS
Please add your shout-outs to our Facebook page as well as the PPDB list-serv.
- December ’16 Saneeka
- January Shelley
- February Gabe
- March Sue
- April Patti
- May Jackie
- June Sue
- July Juli
- August Kristina
- September Tammy
- October Saneeka
- November Shelley
- December ’17 Gabe
We will need nominations for both President and Vice President as Patti and I have maxed out our terms.
Good of the order:
Family to family community (f2fc) put out communication that families could join around the country.
- school age
- early intervention
- adult children of Deafblind
- lost a child of Deafblind
The membership drive will beginning Jan 1st, the “holiday” promo will start in December. We’ll share on the PPDB and Project DB List-serv's and PPDB Facebook page.
R E M I N D E R S
BOARD MEETINGS ARE THE 2nd Monday BIMONTHLY @ 7:30pm.
Phone number: 1-877-329-4135
December 12, 2016 @ 7:30pm
February 13, 2017 @ 7:30pm
April 10, 2017 @ 7:30pm
June 12, 2017 @ 7:30pm
August 14, 2017 @ 7:30pm
October 9, 2017 @ 7:30pm
December 11, 2017 @ 7:30pm
February 12, 2018 @ 7:30 pm