A heartfelt thank you to "The Healing Center" for your very generous donation of $4700 to our organization!
The Pennsylvania Partnership for the DeafBlind (PPDB) mission is to provide support for individuals with deafblindness and their families through a family-driven network.
What We Believe
- Establish & maintain a network to identify & help connect families with similar needs.
- Develop & disseminate accurate, timely information & share resources.
- Collaborate with other organizations & groups to ensure that the needs & concerns of persons who are deafblind are addressed.
- Educate policymakers on issues involving the deafblind.
The PPDB is a family-led organization — its members set its priorities, mold its agenda to serve their needs, and represent other families when discussing important deafblind issues. There is always strength in numbers.
As a Member
- You are supported across the age span
- You can connect with other families who have similar concerns
- You receive accurate information and timely resources about deafblindness
- Your concerns are represented to Pennsylvania and national policymakers
- You are in a network with other deafblind organizations
Become a member
There are two memberships categories:
- General (voting) - Individual who is deafblind, the parent, guardian, adult sibling or other individual who has a personal relationship with a person who is deafblind or an individual interested in supporting the mission and purpose of the Association and requests to be a member, and who pays the annual dues as set by the Board of Directors. Only General Members may be elected to the Board of Directors.
- Honorary (non-voting) - Individuals who have done outstanding work in the field of deaf blindness. Honorary members who are not deafblind shall not have voting privileges. They shall not hold any office in PPDB. Honorary members may serve on committees.