PPDB Annual General Membership Meeting
Welcome from Sue Shaffer, President @ 7:30pm
Brief introduction of PPDB Board members and General membership members.
Board members are as follows:
Sue Shaffer, President
Patti McGowan, Vice-President
Shelley Lil, Treasurer
Saneeka Macon, Secretary
Gabe Radzik, board member
Jackie Brennan, professional member
Juli Baumgarner, professional member
Kristina Kezmarsky, newly elected board member
Tammy Kitterman, newly elected board member
Meeting minutes: Approval of February 8, 2016 meeting minutes, 1st motion Saneeka, 2nd motion Jackie, minutes approved for February.
Terms: Sue Shaffer and Patti McGowan will max out their terms as officers in 2017. Saneeka Macon and Shelley Lil are up for re-election and have agreed to remain in their respective positions for a second two-year term.
Treasurer’s Report: email Shelley Lill
- Outreach – Patti McGowan: Southwestern families met and had breakfast in January. PPDB was an exhibitor at the 3rd annual Support Services Resource Fair at Rep. Dan Miller’s Disability and Mental Health Summit on March 3rd from 11 am – 3 pm.
- NFADB Symposium, PPDB Affiliate Support needed July 16, 17, 18 in Austin, TX. Housing will be at St. Edmonds University. They are looking for a representative from PPDB. PPDB will pay for travel.
- Shelley Lill and Jackie Brennan gave us an update on the Advocacy day in Washington D.C. Shelley thanked the parent for sharing the one-pagers about their kids. They were well received and said to be eye-opening. We still need Senators Casey or Toomey’s vote for the Cogswell-Mays bill, according to their aides they won’t be voting for any bills such as this during the election year. We as parents need to continue call-in and press our representatives. Please join the National Coalition on Deafblindness in supporting the Alice Cogswell and Anne Sullivan Macy Act by calling your U.S. Representatives. At present, the bill is pending in the U.S. House; a Senate companion bill has yet to be introduced.
- Juli suggested using virtual get-togethers as a way to connect with families.
- The next draft of the bylaws will be ready for review at our next board meeting Monday, April 11th.
- Family Learning Conference events
- Grant Committee – Sue Shaffer a portion of the budget money has been approved. The preliminary report is complete. Patti asked if the grant will be extended because of the budget approval delay, yes we have been approved through March 2017.
Next board call/meeting: April 11, 2016
- January Jackie
- February Patti
- March Saneeka
- April Sue
- May Gabe
- June Shelley
- July Juli
- August Tammy
- Sept Kristina
- October Jackie
- November Patti
- December Saneeka
Remarks for the Good of the Order