Call to Order: Tammy Kitterman 8:00
Conflicts: None provided
Present: Molly Black, Gordon Boe, Sandra Salerno, Tammy Kitterman, Lisa Lopatofsky, Patti McGowan, Julia Murray, Juli Baumgarner
Excused - Johnine Bickauski, Meg Meyers
Approval of January Minutes
Motioned - Gordon Boe
Second - Lisa Lopatofsky
All in favor.
Treasurer’s Report: Gordon Boe
Motioned - Lisa Lopatofsky
Second- Molly Black
All in favor
COMMITTEE UPDATES: 8:10-8:30
*All committee action plans are saved in the shared drive
- Membership (Tammy Kitterman, Patti McGowan, Sandra Salerno) The membership drive campaign is underway. Tammy has invited DeafBlind partners to join PPDB. Patti cross referenced the membership names to the Listserv to ensure all are active PPDB members.
- Outreach (Patti McGowan, Molly Black, Sandra Salerno, Johnine Bickauskas) The team discussed the upcoming FLC which will be held June 24th and 25th, face to face at Penn State with a virtual option available. PPDB would like to have a presence at the meeting and we discussed hosting a presentation on the Cogswell-Macy act Friday evening. More information will be provided at the next meeting.
- Fundraising (Johnine Bickauskas, Lisa Lopatofsky, Julia Murray) There is now a “donate” button on the PPDB Facebook page.
- Advocacy (Lisa Lopatofsky, Meg Meyers, Johnine Bickauskas) Lisa shared that PPDB will not have to pay for the NFADB hosted advocacy training. Some key areas of interest are supporting the Cogswell-Macy act, Intervener-Qualified Personnel, and waivers.
OLD BUSINESS: 8:30-8:35
- I/G, Facebook, Twitter
- Nominations - Molly, Sandra, Julia —The process for Nominations was discussed. The call for Nominations is February, Receipt of Nomination Applications - March, Present Nominations to Board - April, Vote - May Onboarding, join Board - June.
- Term considerations All current board members with expiring terms have been approached to inquire about their interest in continuing on another term.
- Organizational Overview/Strategic Planning overview - No general members were present so the review did not take place.
- Interest of general membership in attending events. No general members were present to provide feedback regarding this, but we would like to explore in person/virtual events in the future.
- Boardable app was discussed. The board decided it was not feasible at this time due to the monetary commitment.
- The board took a vote regarding the use of “DeafBlind” in all PPDB brochures and materials. The motion carried with 5 members present in favor of using this verbiage.
- The board discussed the possibility of meeting for one hour every other month instead of monthly. The discussion was tabled at this time.
GOOD OF THE ORDER: 8:50-8:55
ADJOURNED: 9:00 pm