Call to Order: Tammy Kitterman at 8:04 PM
Present: Tammy Kitterman, Molly Black, Sandra Salerno, Lisa Lopatofsky, Johnine Bickauskas, Juli Baumgarner
Excused Absence: Gordon Boe, Patti McGowan
Approval of November Minutes: Lisa motioned, Molly seconded, all in favor to pass 6/0.
Outreach – Beautiful holiday greeting cards were sent to all PPDB members. We discussed possibility of member buddies, reaching out to other PPDB families to do a virtual check-in. We also discussed gifting family memberships to new families.
Fundraising – No updates
Nominations – Discussed in new business #2 below
- What can we do for our members? – Outreach Committee will bring thoughts of implementation and budget to the next meeting regarding ideas of the following:
- Possibly offering a small one time grant to deaf-blind families to use for SSP type spending. A more in depth discussion is needed.
- Possibly providing respite care.
- Possible purchase of books or materials, e.g. Brooks publishing, Mikaylas Voice, HELIX materials of presenters.
- A donation was made by a James Smith, but there was no identifying information for contact.
- Tammy appointed Molly Black as committee chairperson, Sandra Salerno and Lisa Lopatofsky will serve on the committee.
- Call for Nominations to be posted for general board members and officer positions open immediately. Board members are encouraged to report to the February meeting with nominees to the board. We discussed the need to have representation from the deaf-blind community through young adults experiencing deaf-blindness.
- Committee proposes nominees for all positions vacated, presented at February 15th Meeting (please refer to 20-21 Roster) Treasurer – Gordon; VP-Lisa; Special Advisor(annual)- Juli;
- Written notice of nominees by the Nominating Committee shall be given by the Secretary 15 days prior to meeting (by March 1st)
- Committee reviews nominations and paperwork to present to Board with recommendations at April 12th meeting
- Election held May 10th
- Beautiful holiday postcards! Thank you Lisa and Johnine!!
- I/G and Twitter Sandra has set up, we need to link up with the Facebook account.
- Juli will have a free consult with the Pivot group regarding strategic planning on January 29th at 9am. Juli, Lisa, and Molly plan to attend the call and report back to the board in February.